What Would a Muslim Say: Conversations, Questions, and Answers About Islam
Contributor(s): Rashed, Ahmed Lotfy (Author)
ISBN: 194374016X EAN: 9781943740161
Publisher: Common Word Publishing
US SRP: $11.95 US
Binding: Paperback: 156 pages
Pub Date: September 18, 2016
Annotation: These days, Islam is no stranger to controversy. There are many questions, fears, and misconceptions about Islam and Muslims. I believe these books can answer questions, build bridges, and promote understanding.
Since 2009, I have facilitated interfaith dialogues with many different people. The conversations in these books are real. Some are curious, some are concerned, some are hostile, some are academic, and some are soul-searching. My hope is that this can be a small step towards better understanding and harmony.
With Dialogue Comes UNDERSTANDING
This is the first book in the series, covering a variety of conversations from 2009 to 2011. In this book, you will learn about:
* Faith, Sex, and Marriage in Islam
* How a Muslim Should Respond to Criticism
* Jihad and Freedom in the Modern World
* How the Qur'an Informs a Muslim’s Faith
* Islamic Worship, Prayer, Charity, and Pilgrimage
* Salvation and Tolerance in Islam
* Muslim Culture and Modernity
* Understanding Islamic Law
* Etiquettes of Visiting a Mosque
* God’s Grace and Free Will
* Are Islamic Rulings Static or Dynamic?
* How Can Islam be Called a Religion of Peace?
* Can Muslims and Christians Ever Live in Harmony?
To be clear, my purpose is simply to provide accurate information on my faith to set the record straight nothing more; nothing less. This can only happen if you, dear reader, are willing to listen to our side of the story. One of God's gift to humanity is the gift of speech. It is by dialogue that we can come to greater understanding and peaceful relations.
This item is Returnable
- Religion | Islam | Rituals & Practice
- Religion | Ecumenism & Interfaith