Wrongly Charged: A Look at the Legal System
Contributor(s): Merkatz, David (Author), Services, LLC Writer (Editor), Writer Services LLC (Editor)
ISBN: 1942389035 EAN: 9781942389033
Publisher: Prominent Books, LLC
US SRP:$ 17.95 US
Binding: Paperback: 202 pages
Pub Date: January 15, 2015
Annotation: What would you do if you were arrested and wrongly charged with a crime? It can happen in the blink of an eye. It’s not supposed to happen in the United States, but it can at any time. After being advised by his attorney in 2013 that his new marketing strategy was legal, Florida locksmith David Merkatz was shocked to learn he was under criminal investigation. Then he was arrested and charged with money laundering and an organized scheme to defraud. With the flip of a switch, he was facing a 20-year prison sentence.
He was terrified. Life as he knew it was over, and it happened in an instant. But David Merkatz was determined to fight back.
By reading his shocking, true story, you’ll learn:
• What to do if you’re suddenly arrested
• How to get through the booking and arraignment process
• Why you should always carry a bail bondsman’s card
• The pros and cons of accepting a plea bargain • How to appeal a criminal conviction or civil judgment
• How to salvage your life and rebuild your reputation
• And many other things that can save your life as you know it today Wrongly Charged will shake you to your core. You’ll question our “justice” system and our judicial principle of “innocent until proven guilty.”
But you’ll never again ask, “Could this happen to me?” because it will be strikingly clear that it can; when you least expect it.
- Biography & Autobiography | General
- Law | Civil Procedure
- Law | Criminal Law | Sentencing
Write a review
There's no reviews for this product, be the first to write a review.