Redesign education to meet the needs of 21st century students. In the second edition of Leading Modern Learning, authors Jay McTighe and Greg Curtis outline a reworked version of their blueprint for major education reform. More than a simple refresh, the latest edition incorporates new insights, experiences, and tools that will help you implement modern learning practices in your department, school, or district.
Use this book to guide education and curriculum reform and empower modern learners:
- Understand the necessity and value of education reform and updating school curriculum for the 21st century classroom.
- Learn how to use a blueprint for your vision of learning, mission, and curriculum development to establish mission clarity and effective instruction and assessment practices.
- Explore systems thinking and frameworks for backward-design that can be utilized by school leadership to develop action plans and guide school curriculum reform for modern learning.
- Read an all-new chapter on change management and strategic planning for district and school leadership as well as new Notes From the Field, which highlight how to avoid potential missteps and misunderstandings that inhibit progress.
- Utilize the appendices and free reproducibles to further your understanding of education reform, curriculum development, and school leadership for modern learning.
A joint publication of ASCD and Solution Tree
Chapter 1: Creating a Futures-Oriented Vision and Mission
Chapter 2: From Mission to Action
Chapter 3: Curriculum for Modern Learning
Chapter 4: An Assessment System for Modern Learning
Chapter 5: Instruction for Modern Learning
Chapter 6: A Reporting System for Modern Learning
Chapter 7: Leadership for Modern Learning
Appendix A: Sources for Futures-Oriented Thinking Tools and Processes
Appendix B: Sample Sources and Performance Indicators for 21st Century Skills
Appendix C: Sample Map of Cornerstone Performance Tasks and Transfer Goals
References and Resources