Based on the now-classic reference text Indian Herbalogy of North America, this illustrated pocket guide is the perfect companion for those eager to expand their knowledge of herbal healing. Through detailed descriptions and illustrations, Alma R. Hutchens walks readers through: - 125 of the most useful medicinal herbs found in North America, and their uses
- How to create herbal remedies for common ailments
- The herbal traditions of North America and other lands Entries include staples of folk medicine such as echinacea and slippery elm as well as common kitchen herbs--from parsley to thyme to pepper--whose tonic and healing properties are less widely known.
Author: Alma R. Hutchens
Binding Type: Paperback
Size: 8.04h x 4.52w x 0.81d
- Health & Fitness | Herbal Medications
- Health & Fitness | Holism
- Health & Fitness | Alternative Therapies
About the Author
Alma R. Hutchens, a close associate of the late herbalist N. G. Tretchikoff, has been a student and practitioner of herbal medicine for many years.