Directive Play Therapy: Theories and TechniquesRegular price $68.25 Save $0.00
Structured, therapist-led approaches to play therapy are becoming increasingly popular due to their time-limited nature and efficacy for such specific disorders as trauma and attachment issues. This is the first book to provide comprehensive coverage of numerous directive play therapy techniques and interventions that are empirically validated and can be adapted for use in clinical, school, group, and family settings. Designed for both students and practitioners, the text addresses the theoretical bases for these approaches and provides in-depth, practical guidance for their use.
The book describes how directive play therapies differ from nondirective therapies and illustrates best practices in using directive techniques. It examines such diverse approaches as cognitive behavioral, solution focused, sensorimotor, and the use of creative arts in play therapy. Each approach is covered in terms of its theoretical foundation, research basis, specific techniques for practice, and a case example. The text describes how to adapt directive play therapy techniques for use in various contexts, such as with families, in groups, and in schools. Helpful templates for treatment planning and case documentation are also included, making the book a valuable resource for both training courses and practicing professionals in play therapy, clinical mental health counseling, child counseling, school counseling, child and family social work, marriage and family therapy, and clinical child psychology.
- Delivers step-by-step guidance for using directive play therapy techniques--the first book to do so
- Addresses theoretical basis, research support, and practical techniques for a diverse range of therapies
- Covers varied settings and contexts including school, clinical, group, and family settings
- Includes case studies
- Provides templates for treatment planning and case documentation
Author: Elsa Soto Leggett
Publisher: Springer Publishing Company
Binding Type: Paperback
Size: 9.13h x 6.05w x 0.66d
- Education | Counseling | Career Development
- Medical | Pediatrics
- Psychology | Psychotherapy | Child & Adolescent
This title is not returnable