Fort Collins Coloradoan
The daily newspaper in Fort Collins, Colorado is the Fort Collins Coloradoan. The Fort Collins Coloradoan was founded by Joseph L. McClelland in 1873 as Larimer County Express. Fort Collins Newspapers Inc. was established in 1937 when Speidel Newspapers acquired the publication known as The Express-Courier. In 1974, the Coloradoan eventually moved from its Old Town Fort Collins location to 1212 Riverside Ave. on the city's east side. Gannett acquired the newspaper when it merged with Speidel in 1977. Gannett began construction on a new $6 million facility in 2004 on property adjacent to their Riverside site. In June 2005, advertising, circulation, human resources, news and technology staffs moved into the brand new location. The 30-year old printing press remains at 1212 Riverside Ave. The new facility includes the Northern Colorado Bureau for KUSA-TV (9NEWS) who is also owned by Gannett. Reporter Adam Chodak and photojournalist Gary Wolfe occasionally report from the building.