Knoxville News Sentinel
The Knoxville News Sentinel is a daily newspaper in Knoxville, Tennessee. The paper is owned by the E. W. Scripps Company. The newspaper was created in 1926 when there was a merger of two competing newspapers: The Knoxville News and The Knoxville Sentinel. John Trevis Hearn began publishing The Sentinel in December 1886, while The News was started in 1921 by Robert P. Scripps and Roy W. Howard. The two combined in 1926, with the first edition of The Knoxville News-Sentinel releasing on the 21st of November 1926. In 1986, the News-Sentinel became a morning paper, with the other paper in Knoxville, the Knoxville Journal, becoming an evening paper. In 2002, the paper dropped the hyphen from its name to become the Knoxville News Sentinel. Publisher of the Knoxville News Sentinel is Patrick J. Birmingham and edited by Jack McElroy . Headquarters are found in Knoxville at 2332 News Sentinel Drive.
The News Sentinel circulates an average of 119,172 daily and 150, 147 on Sundays.
Sunday Only for Mail Subscriptions