With the revival of interest in Islam in our times, the Qur'an is also being read increasingly, especially by the intellectuals: Muslims and non-Muslims alike.
However, and although its message and central theme have been stated in unambiguous terms, its translation most of the times fails to impart the same meaning with the same effect.
Additionally, the Qur'an deals with every subject of human concern and gives guidelines for application to life and society. This increases its scope widely, and requires on the part of the reader's knowledge of various disciplines for proper appreciation of its message.It is specially important to know how the Qur'an was understood by those who received it first: Prophet Muhammad (SAW), on whom be Allah's peace, and his immediate followers. Second in order of interest and importance would be to know how the scholars of Islam have understood it in every age. The present work spread across 4681 pages and 8 Volumes endeavours in the main to provide this information. However, it also presents useful notes, variant notes, variant opinions, anecdotes and legal points - from Quran commentaries old and new.
The following is the list of authors/books cited/quoted.
- Al-Kabir Al-Tafsir Al-Kabir, Tafsir notes of Imam ibn Taymiyyah(d.728 A.H) collected by Dr.'Abdul Rahman 'Umayrah.
- Alusi/Ruh Ruh al Ma'ani Fi Tafsir Qur'an al Azim Wa al Sab' al Mathani by shihab al Din Sayyid Mahmood Alusi(d.1291 A.H)
- Ibn Jarir/Tabari Jami' al Bayan Fi Tafsir al Qur'an by Ibn Jarir al-Tabari (d.310 A.H.).
- Ibn Kathir Tafsir al Qur'an al Azim by 'Imad al Din Abul Fida Isma'il ibn 'Amr ibn Kathir (d.774 A.H.).
- Ibn Qayyim Al-Tafsir Al-Qayyim, by Shamsuddin Muhammad b. Abi Bakr Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah (d.751 A.H.) collected by Muhammad Uways Al-Nadwi.
- Ma'arif/Shafi' Ma'arif al Qur'an by Mufti Muhammad Shafi'Deobandi.
- Majid Holy Qur'an Translation and commentary by Abdul Majid Daryabadi (English)
- Majidi Holy Quran Translation and commentary by Abdul Majid Daryabadi (Urdu)
- Mawdudi/Tafhim Tafhim al-Qur'an by Sayyid Abul A'la Mawdudi (d.1979 C.E.)
- Qurtubi Al Jam'i Lil Ahkam al Qur'an by Abu 'Abdullah Muhammad ibn Ahmad al Ansari al Qurtubi (d.671 A.H.)
- Raghib Mu'jam Mufradat al-Qur'an by al-Raghib al-Asfahani.
- Rawa'e Rawa'e' al-Bayan Tafsir Ayat al-Ahkam by Muhammad 'Ali Sabuni.
- Razi Tafsir al Fakhr al Razi by Muhammad al-Razi Fakhr al Din ibn Dia al Din 'Umar(d.604 A.H).
- Sabuni Safwatu al Tafsir by Muhammad 'Ali Sabuni (may Allah length his life).
- Shabbir/'Uthmani Al-Qur'an al-Karim, Commentary by Shabbir Ahmed 'Uthmani.
- Shanqiti "Adwa' al-Bayan, Fi Idahi Al-Qur'an bi 'al-Qur'an" by Muhammad Al-Amin b.Muhammad Al-Mukhtar Al-Jakani Al-Shanqiti.
- Sayyid Qutb/Qutb/Zilal Fi Zilal al-Qur'an by Sayyid Qutb(d.1386 A.H.)
- Shawkani Al-Fath al-Qadir by Muhammad ibn 'Ali Shawkani(d.1255 A.H.)
- Thanwi/Bayan: Bayan al Qur'an by Ashraf 'Ali Thanwi(d.1361 A.H.)
- Yusuf Ali: The Glorious Koran, Meaning and Translation by Abdullah Yusuf Ali.
- Zamakhshari/Kashshaf: Haqa'iq al-Tanzil Wa 'Uyun al-Aqawil Fi Wujuh at-Ta'wil by Abu al-Qasim Jarallah Mahmood b.'Umar al-Zamakhshari(d.538 A.H.)
- Zarkashi Al-Burhan Fi 'Ulum al-Qur'an by Badruddin Muhammad bin 'Abdullah al-Zarkashi.
Author: Syed Iqbal Zaheer
Publisher: Independently Published
Binding Type: Paperback
Size: 9.61h x 6.69w x 1.16d
- Religion | Islam | General
This title is not returnable