Contributor(s): De La Pe a, Federico A (Author), De La Pe a, Mary J (Author), Peana, Federico A De La (Author)
ISBN: 1450773885 EAN: 9781450773881
Publisher: Terra Fina Publishing
US SRP: $20.00 US
Binding: Paperback: 186 pages
Pub Date: August 01, 2012
Annotation: A LAYMAN'S GUIDE TO CRIMINAL DEFENSE By FEDERICO A. DE LA PEÑA, ESQ. and MARY J. DE LA PEÑA, ESQ.
It may start with a knock on your door with the police wanting to talk to your son. Or, worse yet, a frantic phone call from someone you love in the middle of the night.
* SHOULD WE SPEAK WITH THE POLICE WITHOUT A LAWYER?
* HOW DO YOU GET YOUR LOVED ONE OUT OF JAIL?
* WHO DO YOU CALL?
* WHAT COMES NEXT?
* CAN THE AUTHORITIES LIE TO ME WHEN QUESTIONING ME?
* WHAT IF THEY DON'T READ ME MY MIRANDA RIGHTS-AM I FREE TO GO?
* SHOULD WE GET AN ATTORNEY?
* IS IT A "SELL OUT" IF MY LAWYER WANTS ME TO TAKE A DEAL?
* WHAT HAPPENS IF I GO TO TRIAL?
* CAN'T I ALWAYS JUST APPEAL?
* WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT MY LAWYER TO DO FOR ME THAT I CAN'T DO FOR MYSELF?
Designed for anyone who has ever been arrested, or stopped by the police and wondered what's going to happen next, A Layman's Guide to Criminal Defense answers these questions in straightforward, non-lawyer speak.
It is written for everyday people who are not acquainted with the courts of the terms the courts and police use.
The California criminal defense team of Mr. and Mrs. de la Peña has been answering these questions for more than four decades, with a combined experience nearing seventy years of practice. They are some of the most highly awarded names in criminal defense in the United States, as recognized by judges and other lawyers.
- Law | Criminal Law | General
- Law | Criminal Procedure